The Black-E is fully wheelchair accessible
Celebrating forty years of the Black-E, the exhibition researches the lives of dozens of Black-E ‘alumni/ae’ (former youthful participants, volunteers and apprentices), to create an extended exhibition of the youth of the past to inspire the youth of the present. The project aims to identify the
impact that The Black-E has had on alumnae, paying particular
attention to their potential as role models for young
people currently in our community.
The Games of Art exhibition presents a selection of imaginative artworks created over the last 40 years of 'Artful Games'; and texts explaining the nature and philosophy behind the art of 'creative and cooperative' games : 'Absolute freedom within very definite limits'. This follows a principle that Paul Taylor, American Choreographer once explained as : 'give yourself a set of simple limitations and do the best you can'.
Voices from The Song of Songs, a series of 12 paired prints, 373 mm x 300mm, created 1997-99 by Judy Chicago, on display in Liverpool for the first time, with a contextual exhibition of her life's work in the arts to date.
For over four decades, as a renowned artist, writer, feminist and intellectual, Judy Chicago's influence has been far-reaching within and outside the art community internationally. She has made the female point of view a part of mainstream art.
- Grants and Fundraising Officer
- Alula's HYENA
- The Black-E Spooky Sleepover
- Is the whole world on fire?
- Kids Programme
- Youth Circus & Gymnastics
- GESUNDHEIT! (BLESS YOU!)
- Children living with neurological conditions
- Bow & Arrow
- Voices from The Song of Songs : Judy Chicago
- Chinese New Year 2015
- LIVERPOOL WAC ARTS YOUTH FESTIVAL
- Company of Friends
- Freefall aerial circus classes for adults
- Health and Wellbeing Appointments
- Creative and Co-operative Games
- Healthiness Ltd Fitness for Fun classes
- Yang Style Tai Chi Classes
- Chinese New Year 2014
- Married in Black
- “The 43 Game” Invitation
- Young, Gifted, and On Track
- The Games of Art